Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Thirty Day Song Challenge - Day 2

Today is the feast of the Guardian Angels. I thought I'd let you all know that, so you could offer up a little thank you to your friendly angel.

Wikipedia
Today's Challenge Number 2 is to post my LEAST favourite song. Like my favourite song, this is kind of hard, because there are a lot of songs I can't stand, and wish hadn't been written.

Anything by Bob Dylan, for example.

Source

Nope, I've got it. THIS has to be the one song I hate with all my heart. It gives me a feeling like nails on a chalkboard. It makes me go "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!" like a banshee. Don't get me wrong. She actually has a nice voice, and some of those high notes are done quite well. For the most part, though, she hits them, and I feel like she's scraping my soul raw. And the lyrics are a mixture of weird and pretty. And the part from 4:34 on is AWFUL. She sounds like the veritable voice wailing the wilderness. And her vibrato... *Shudder*

Without further ado, I present WOODSTOCK!! (I apologize to all those who love this song. Maybe if I'd been born in this era I'd feel all nostalgic about it. As it is, it feels me with agitation, and a cringing sense of horror.)


So, there's my least favourite song. I hope you *enjoyed* that. :) See you tomorrow!!

Cheers! God bless!

Cat

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Woodstock! *Cringes* Yes. Nails on a chalkboard is dead on. It's such a weird song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, I can listen to the entire song without too much cringing. It's really only the end I get absolutely rabid about. That whole wailing ending, I don't get it.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know that. Funny story though. My mom was on a ladder helping her neighbor when her foot slipped and she started to fall. She said she felt like wind all around her holding her up and then her foot found the ladder again. I think she had a little help from her Guardian Angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool, Kelly. I have no doubt that was her guardian angel. They are very good at looking out for us. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll take Joni Mitchell singing Woodstock any day over ANYTHING by the Chipmunks! Listening to them is pure torture for me! If I had a child and they liked them, well I'd have to thinking about running away for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. Yep. The Chipmunks are WAY annoying. :)

      Delete
  4. I love Bob Dylan! Not my favorite, but I love him. Not a bit fan of Joni Mitchell, but I'm sure I can find some songs to top how much you hate this song (that's the problem when you say something's your least favorite... someone comes by and tops it). There are lots of songs from the '80s I hate... I'm not a big fan of synthesized music. Some songs are way better when sung by someone else or with different music. Men at Work were okay, but Colin Hay singing those songs now = Awesome!

    I love your TARDIS comment box. I wish I would have thought of that first! I love me some Doctor Who and always love to see other people who love Doctor Who as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...