Friday, October 18, 2013

A Song I Wish I Heard On The Radio - Day 18

Source

It may be my humble opinion, but I feel the music that is played on the radio these days lacks a certain amount of sophistication. Nearly everything sounds the same, with pulsing drums, wailing lyrics, and a lot of "oh-oh-oh-ing", complete with glottal stops. You know what I'm talking about.

You don't know-oh-oh...
You don't know you're beautiful! Oh-oh,
That's what makes you beautiful!

We'll just keep dancing like we're
Twenty-twoo-oooh, ooh-oooooh!
Twenty two-oooh, ooh-oooh,
ooh-oooh ooh oooh oh
!

No one else can break my heart but
yoooou-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh,
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh.

Radioactive! Radioactive!
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh."
(I am allowed to make fun, because I actually like every single one of these songs. I'm simply proving a point.)

Source

So, a song I would love to hear frequently on the radio would be...

Sourcfe

You guessed it! This beautiful, beautiful song by the inimitable Josh Groban.

Come on. You KNOW the world would be a better place if you got to hear this song more often!

I BELIEVE (WHEN I FALL IN LOVE)
JOSH GROBAN



Shattered dreams, worthless years,
Here am I encased inside a hollow shell.

Life began, then was done.
Now I stare into a cold and empty well.

The many sounds that meet our ears,
The sights our eyes behold,

Will open up our merging hearts
and feed our empty souls.

I believe when I fall in love with you
It will be forever.

I believe when I fall in love this time
It will be forever.

Without despair we will share, 
And the joys of caring will not be replaced, 
What has been must never end 
And with the strength we have won't be erased 
When the truths of love are planted firm, 
They won't be hard to find, 
And the words of love I speak to you 
will echo in your mind.

I believe when I fall in love with you,
It will be forever.

I believe when I fall in love this time
It will be forever.

All righty! I shall try to post tomorrow's song a bit earlier than 10:30 at night. Hope you all enjoyed that. Ta, and God bless. :)

Cat

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at the songs with the ooh-ooh quotes. It is one of the things that really bugs me. It is almost as if the lyricists thought, "Heck, I am out of inspiration, and have half a bar of music left... I'll just stick in a few oohs and everyone will think I *meant* to do it!"

    I have been horrible about commenting on everyone's blogs, but I have really enjoyed how you find picture that fit the songs you are posting. It is cool.

    ReplyDelete

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...