Sunday, July 11, 2010

By Their Fruits

I was listening to the sermon today, and one sentence in the Gospel popped out at me.

"By their fruits you shall know them."

That is such a profound thought. No matter what someone says, how they are is reflected in their actions. It reminded me of a quote I read somewhere else.

"A person that is nice to you but mean to the waiter is not a nice person."

It's another one of those "actions speak louder than words" sort of thoughts. No matter how nice your speech makes you seem, it's your actions that define the character that you really are. The really amazing bit, though, is that you can change that character. You can develop yourself into the REAL you, the true, sometimes hidden you that only God can see, the holy you that is meant for heaven. It's amazing.

One really fabulous thing that occurred with this sermon; a really tough line that I was trying to figure out in a story came clear. A beautiful sentence formed in my head. During my MC's conflict, this sentence will be said to him:

"What a man says, and what a man does, are two different things. See how a man is by the way he acts, and you shall not be caught unawares."

Ta da! I was so inspired, and then so excited, because through a sermon my story was able to keep moving. That line, one day, will be a major revelation to my MC.

One last thing...
DEO GRATIAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...